Thursday, July 29, 2010

I hate working out

I really do.

I gasp for air. My head pounds. My muscles catch fire. The world spins. I lay face first, outside on my exercise mat with no concern over the dirt, or what bugs might be crawling on me. It saps every last ounce of energy I have, and it's all I can do to keep from collapsing and spending the night in the parking lot.

But I also love working out.

Because at the end of the day, I come back just a little bit stronger, and the sense of accomplishment in knowing that I successfully did whatever I set out to do that day is like no other feeling.

No matter what the task, with accomplishment, comes satisfaction. Our brains like this feeling. Satisfaction is not quite the same as happiness, but rather, it is fulfillment in retrospect. You may not always be happy at your job, but it can still be fulfilling in a sense that you overcame a difficult task, and therefore, satisfying. We will always search for this feeling of satisfaction. So in exercising, while the during might not be so pleasant, the satisfaction in the aftermath can make it downright addictive.

Side note: It has come to my attention that in order to leave a comment on the blog, you need to create a blogspot account. It's a relatively quick and painless process, so please, don't let that keep you. Also, don't forget that can become a follower of this blog with any google, twitter, or yahoo account that you may already have (I think).

Thanks for all the comments you've given me thus far through other means. This blog is still in its infancy stage, and I think the best is yet to come.

2 comments: